Friday, April 6, 2012

Sorry for the delay...

but boy have we been busy! The movers came and packed us up on Sunday and Monday the 18th and 19th of March. Then loaded the moving truck on the Tuesday. We then spent the next 2 weeks in a hotel in Comox. And after those very long 2 weeks in a hotel we sure were ready to move into our new house. We took posession on Saturday the 31st, and promptly arrived to do laundry! Since the movers do not work weekends, we had to wait until Monday for the movers to show up and unpack us.

Its been a whirlwind since then, unpacking and organizing all sorts of stuff. There have been a few milestones..... I filled my first bucket of composting and brought it out to the bin.  I've been religous about recycling; every thing has been rinsed and put in the bin.

Yesterday I trimmed the the trees to make more light in the backyard, doing so has allowed us to see Ruby everywhere in the yard.

Today I fixed the railings on the deck so that a 2yr old can no longer fit between the slats. I then went back to Home depot and begged some used (broken) pallets and made myself a compost bin this afternoon. Hopefully I will be able to rent a chipper tomorrow and take care of all the branches I took down yesterday.

Today most of the Campbell Clan (my in laws) arrived, and we are in for a busy weekend! An added bonus is that Ruby should sure be tuckered out!!!

Sorry for the delay in posting, I'll try and be more dilligent, but I have been a zombie this last week!

Cheers

Nick

No comments:

Post a Comment